March 3, 2018 | Atlanta, Georgia
Symposium on Interventional Echocardiography and Decision-Making in Structural Heart Disease
Symposium structure: This symposium will feature multidisciplinary experts in interventional echocardiography, interventional cardiology, cardiac anesthesiology, and cardiac surgery – all engaged in the heart valve team approach to structural heart disease. The program will be composed of various educational formats including pertinent didactic lectures, interactive illustrations of procedural image guidance during cutting-edge catheter-based structural heart interventions, bio-skills demonstrations that correlate clinical presentations, echocardiographic imaging and actual pathology as well as simulations of actual heart valve team conferences where structural heart cases are being discussed.
1.Illustrate the utility of real-time two- and three-dimensional transesophageal echocardiography (2D and 3D TEE) in interventional echocardiography
2. Demonstrate procedure–specific imaging needs in the structural heart disease domain
3. Discuss procedure-specific challenges and how to overcome them with procedural TEE and procedural intracardiac echo (ICE).
4. Review appropriate procedure-specific terminology that facilitates communication between the interventional echocardiographer and the interventionalist/surgeon.
5. Recognize potential complications of percutaneous interventions for structural heart disease using echocardiography to provide safe and more efficacious care
6. Define the role of the interventional echocardiographer as a key member of the multi-disciplinary heart valve team